The Health Devolution Commission
The Health Devolution Commission has been reconstituted to continue to advocate for a devolved approach to healthcare delivery and accountability and undertake an independent and cross party inquiry into the Integration and Innovation White Paper before a Bill is published and legislation is taken through Parliament.
The Commission brings together two former, Labour and Conservative, Secretary of States for Health, Andy Burnham and Stephen Dorrell, with three former Health Ministers including Norman Lamb, Alastair Burt and Phil Hope. They are joined by senior professional figures from the health, mental health, local government and third sectors.
The Commission agreed its response to the White Paper – A Glass Half Full – and is now arranging two evidence sessions.
Please keep in touch via twitter.
ROUNDTABLE 2 – CHAIRED BY RT HON ANDY BURNHAM
INTEGRATED CARE SYSTEM GOVERNANCE – WHERE WILL, AND SHOULD, POWER REALLY LIE?
FRIDAY 21ST MAY FROM 2 TO 3:30PM
ROUNDTABLE 1 – CHAIRED BY RT HON NORMAN LAMB
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF INTEGRATED CARE SYSTEM: HEALTH IN ALL POLICIES, TACKLING HEALTH INEQUALITIES AND A VOICE FOR PATIENTS?
MONDAY 26TH APRIL 3:30 TO 5PM
- Professor Michael Marmot – on health inequalities
- Anita Charlesworth, The Health Foundation – on health in all policies
- Imelda Redmond from HealthWatch – on patient voice
- James Bullion, President, ADASS – on the integration of social care
- Bill McCarthy, Regional Director NW, NHS Improvement – regional perspective
If you missed this session, you can re-watch Roundtable 1 via YouTube here.
Who we are
HEALTH DEVOLUTION COMMISSIONERS
- Rt Hon Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester and former Secretary of State for Health (Co-chair)
- Rt Hon Sir Norman Lamb, former Minister for Community and Social Care (Co-chair)
- Rt Hon Alistair Burt, former Minister for Community and Social Care
- Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, former Secretary of State for Health
- Phil Hope, former Minister of State for Care Services
- Dr Linda Patterson, former Medical Director of CHI and Vice President of RCP
- Peter Hay, former President ADASS
- Cllr Paulette Hamilton, Vice Chair, LGA Community Wellbeing Committee
- Sarah Walter and Michael Wood, NHS Confederation
- Dick Sorabji, Deputy Chief Executive, London Councils
- Professor Jo Pritchard and Dr Andrew Catto, Social Enterprise UK
- Steve Mulligan, Four Nations Lead, BACP
- Seamus O’Neill, Chair, the Northern Health Science Alliance
- Jo Webster, Chief Officer, West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership
- Rob Webster, Chief Executive, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Sarah Price, Interim Chief Officer, Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership
- Warren Heppolette, Executive Lead, Strategy & System Development, Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership
Click here to find out more about the Health Devolution Commissioners.
For all written and oral evidence see what we do page.
If you are interested in supporting the work of the Health Devolution Commission then please get in contact via [email protected]